Thursday, January 31, 2013

giving up for the week

This week has been one of those weeks that I just couldn't keep up with it and had too many fun things thrown at me.  Between my being sick and Missa's broken foot, I've been lucky to get some chores and math lessons done daily.  So, we are going to just do math and journals tomorrow and call it a week I think.  I'm going to tweak a few things to fit our family better over the long weekend and start back to it on Monday refreshed.  Maybe I'll take some time and sneak off to a coffee shop with my Kindle and my phone (and maybe the laptop if I can get it to turn on, it is really moody) and enjoy a bit of quiet for an hour or so with a latte and no kids (yes, that includes the baby if I can keep it under an hour and a half that I'm gone and I remember to feed him real good before I sneak off).

Hopefully next week is a bit smoother.  I just downloaded a free unit study and notebooking set from Hands Of A Child, and then bought the book for my Kindle that goes with it.  I didn't plan initially to do a unit on "Island of the Blue Dolphins" but I think it will be a fun change from our normal stuff before we really dig back into it again.  If I can't complete this unit study with the kids, I have issues beyond just having had a rough week.

No comments: