Thursday, January 10, 2013

change of plans

This week has been emotional for me.  2 days ago my last living grandparent died, and I won't be able to attend the service because it is in Florida and we live in Ohio (can't afford Scott to take off work to stay with the kids and can't afford for me to fly OR drive down).  I've been kind of in a daze yesterday and today as it fully sinks in.  Then today happened.

This afternoon I got a call from the kids' school.  They sent out an automated call to all families to notify us that the school was under lockdown.  It turned out to be nothing, but still I was worried about my two girls at school (Missa was home with a low grade fever and other symptoms) until they got home from school 3 hours later.  On top of that, there was a shooting in California and another school there is under lockdown as well while they hunt for a suspect in a crime (I'm not sure they are related or not).

As a result, I will be filing my notice of intent as soon as I can get a hold of the form.  I am hoping that their last day will be the same as the end of the semester at their school, which is next Thursday.  I need to get hold of that form and get it all done and sent in ASAP.  I was going to slowly do this, one kid at a time using OHVA, but instead I am going to just straight up homeschool.

No comments: