Sunday, January 06, 2013

January 2013 starting off with a bang

Well, here it is 6am on Sunday morning.  It is just me and Missa awake, as she is a total morning person and does not sleep past 6am even on weekends and holidays.  She is doing some multiplication practice games on the other computer, and PJ is settling back to sleep in my lap (ah the joys of a nursing baby).  So I thought I'd share a bit of what we have going on here already this year to look forward to.

Yesterday I completed the first step of the process to enroll Missa in Ohio Virtual Academy with Jojo for the remainder of this school year.  Scott and I had discussed it a while now, and he knows that I'm dead serious about this so he's hesitantly supportive.  He isn't entirely certain that it is the right move at this time, but he's waiting to see how it goes.  Missa is thrilled and can't wait until the process is completed so that she can come back to lessons at home with me.  I, on the other hand, am feeling a bit apprehensive at this since it is adding a lot to my day (although a good portion of my role is going to be supportive and assisting her in the process, as I understand that the kids become more independent starting in 3rd grade).

As for the other girls, when Liddy and Kimmy finish this school year we'll discuss things to figure out what to do from there.  For now, the best choice for each child is to have Missa and Jojo at home with OHVA and then have Liddy and Kimmy at the charter school.  Liddy doesn't listen to me or respect my authority as a parent anyway, so I doubt she'd respect my authority as her educator if she came back home.  She needs to prove to me that she's going to show some respect and follow instructions from me before I'll consider it, and I've made this perfectly clear to her.  Kimmy, well she loves the charter school and is pulling straight A's (with most of them being 100% grades) so I'm not going to mess with a good thing right now.

I expect that I'll get some resistance from those two once Missa's transfer is done and she starts OHVA, but they will get over it.

No comments: