Thursday, January 24, 2013

homeschooling funny

Homeschooling can be physically painful at times.  Seriously, it can.  This actually happened to me during lessons today.

I had Missa doing a math test, Liddy doing some drill practice with an app on my phone, and Kimmy doing her daily computer time so I figured that it would be a great time to sit and work with Jojo on skip counting.  She's having trouble with counting by 5's, so we got out the laminated hundred chart and I marked the 5's for her so she could see them as we counted together.  We got comfy on the floor together, and then I made the mistake of laying down.

Until I laid down, PJ was happily playing nearby with a toy.  He likes to wrestle, and when he saw me lay down he immediately got up and walked over to me, then before I could react he had both hands firmly planted in my hair and had climbed up on my head.  Just try to picture me laying there at an odd angle, unable to reach the baby sitting on my head with both hands tightly grabbing my hair as he bounces up and down and squeals and laughs hysterically while I yell for Missa to PLEASE stop taking her math test for a minute and come get her brother off my head.

The joys of having a little boy..... and older children that I'm trying to teach while said little boy refuses to take his nap.  The girls all collapsed with laughter, PJ finally fell off my head (Missa was laughing too hard to rescue me), and I ended up having to go to my bedroom for a brief time out to cry and compose myself.

No comments: