Tuesday, October 06, 2009

illness and a broken nose *lol*

Yes that is an interesting combination, isn't it?

Details aside, Scott and I were goofing around last week and it ended in my nose bleeding all over the place. Total accident, I promise. Anyway, I have a broken nose now as a result. But on a positive note, I'm no longer snoring at night................... lol So no more sore throats in the morning YAY Have you ever tried to do lessons while slightly foggy from pain meds or while distracted by the pain of an injury? It ain't fun, I'll tell ya. But we're surviving.

And on top of it, I had the pleasure of taking Lydia to the doctor today for a sick visit. All 4 kids are sick with the same virus. With her symptoms, Scott and I were worried about the possibility of the flu, and with H1N1 in particular. We don't do flu shots and are opting out of the H1N1 vaccine as well for our own reasons, but today has me at least starting to reconsider this stance. Especially with Kimmy and me having asthma, we are both prone to lung infections and have both almost been hospitalized from complications of infections. Well, thankfully its not H1N1, and its not the flu. Its a nasty chest cold that we need to watch to be sure it doesn't turn to bronchitis or worse over the next few days.

So what does all this have to do with our schooling the kids? Easy, it means that we're not going to do too much in terms of lessons for a few more days. Now I'm going to go lie down on the sofa for a bit until Scott gets home in a few so that I can retreat to the bedroom.

No comments: