Monday, October 12, 2009

high hopes for this week

Well, last week was a total waste for us. We got sick and a whole host of other stuff happened. So, no biggie we'll just get on and pick up where we lest off. I'm really hoping that this week we can start to make some progress with getting things done and caught up again. The girls spent a lot of time playing on their computers and watching tv and listening to me read. Not really much, but hey its better than lying around picking at their feet I guess LOL If yesterday is any indication, they are almost at 100% again after that round of illness, so we resume as normal today. I may try to squeeze a second math lesson in on Melissa today, we'll see how she responds to it though. I'm just going to play it by ear and see what happens.

Now, we do have one interesting thing I want to share. Last week, Melissa also started meds for ADHD. Its a pretty clear-cut case too, and she resonded quickly to meds in a positive way. However, I feel like it is working just flat out TOO well. She's calm and able to focus, but unfortunately she doesn't really want to do much of anything now. It may just be her starting them and being sick that was causing it, but she literally has been lazy and clingy the last few days. I can't seem to get her off me, she's constantly hugging and kissing me and right up by me watching intently everything I do. I think I may be calling the doctor this week to see if that is even close to normal. I may just try to keep working with her unmedicated until she's older, just to see if she does improve on her own like I keep hoping she would do. I'm not sure I like the child she's turning into with the Adderall, although it is really helping her to focus a lot better.

This week, in addition to the mountain of schoolwork we need to start catching up on, I have to catch up on a LOT of laundry and dishes, along with getting the house cleaned back up again. I really am not looking forward to this week, there's just so much to do and I don't know if I can get things back under control with cleaning our house and doing lessons and just everything that's involved. Oh, and I have to take Melissa to get her new glasses today, and Lydia has soccer practice tonight. I don't know if she's really up to it yet, but I'm going to take her anyway since I had a parent who obviously thinks that a soccer game is more important than a healthy kid because he ripped into me Saturday for keeping my sick kids home, making it so that Lydia's team didn't have enough players for the game and they had to forfeit. So, I'm going to make a point and take them all to her practice today, she's the only one that I don't think is really fully recovered yet. I figure her sisters can all bundle up and play on the playground while I sit at the picnic table and she is lying there on me bundled up watching practice. I just hope that the other parent gets my point with that, especially since we'll be doing it again on Tuesday with Melissa's practice. I am NOT amused, some people take peewee sports way too seriously...........................

No comments: