Saturday, May 01, 2010

so excited!

I found the Holy Grail today just around the corner from my home!

Now what could get me this excited? Well, allow me to describe it to you............

It is white.
It is Ford.
It has only 82,000 miles on it
It seats 15!!!!!

Yep, I found my 15 passenger van that I've been looking for the last few years today. It is at the auction lot by my home, and I plan to trade in my 8 passenger van for it (I can probably get some money back on it too)

Now, I know. You are wonder what on EARTH a mom with only 4 kids needs a 15 passenger van for. Well, first we aren't done having kids. We want more. Plain and simple. Also, when we go somewhere as a family, our van is a bit tight feeling for us when we get the double stroller, diaper bag, small bag with extra outfits, and all our other necessities in it. Grocery shopping for us is a total pain, I have to take out the 3rd row just to fit all our food in it when I really go for a stockup. And, if I want to buy something large, I have to see if they can hold it there for me until I can get home and get a sitter so that I can take the truck to get it.

For us, a 15 passenger van is a luxury, but at the price they are asking it is a totally affordable one. If the van runs, that is............. lol I need to ask a friend of mine to go check it out for me before I put in an offer for the thing, it is almost too good to be true. And since I have a completely paid-for minivan (paid almost $10,000 cash for it 3 1/2 years ago so its always been free and clear) I won't have to worry about getting enough in trade to cover the van and what is left that I owe on the minivan. Ahhhhh the joys of being smart with our money!

Of course, I am not going to put in an offer until one friend of mine tells me that she's not going to. She's pregnant with their 6th child and they NEED the seating of that van, while for us it is more of a luxury for a couple more years. So I want to be sure that I'm not snapping it out from under her family before I snap that puppy up for myself.

I'm in heaven! Hopefully all goes to plan, and I'll have my very own "get outta my way!" van for my family. I bet the nasty neighbor behind us will LOOOOOOOOVE that when I park this big white sucker right in the front of my house. *snicker* Yet another plus about that van, it will make him mad because it'll be obvious as heck that we're not done having kids (he can't stand the 4 we have now LOL)

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Haha - go ahead and get it! We're not ready to grab it. I think hubby is wanting something in between a regular van and a 15 passenger... He'll have to decide sometime between now and November!