Friday, May 07, 2010

nervous

I'm taking a HUGE leap of faith here at the moment. I have completed a year and a half of credits online through University of Phoenix before Jordan was born, and keep saying that I'll finish but never get around to it. Well, lately I've been feeling a prompting from God to change schools and programs completely, so I've been looking around at different options. I settled on the decision to attend a Christian college instead of going back to Ohio State or finishing at Phoenix, so I started looking for local-ish options and online-only programs. Well, I found what I'm looking for. Ohio Christian University is in Circleville, Ohio (about an hour to and hour and a half away from my home, so driving distance) AND they offer their programs online for us busy adults. I submitted an application today after a lot of prayer about this, and feel really good about it. Phoenix never felt like the "right" school for me, but I kept pushing ahead anyway because it was the first one that I found with a decent looking program. This time I have spent a great deal of time searching and praying, and I feel 100% comfortable with the choice of this school. I will still continue to look at Christian schools that offer online program options for me, but at this point I just feel so amazingly comfortable and right about this.

I've also been praying about schooling the kids, and am still confident that I am meant to continue homeschooling the girls while I finish my education. As a result of this, I am working on creating a schedule that will allow us to manage everything, and I will be perfecting my crockpot cooking skills. Times will be very lean here for the next few years I think while I pursue this huge leap of faith, but I know that if we just stay strong and work together on this, Scott and I can make this work. We'll be pulling as much as we can from Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover to make the financial end work, we'll have to work together with the housework and teaching the kids, but I know that we can make it work.

Pray for my family please as we undertake this huge change. I'm very nervous about this decision, as it is something I've fought for close to 15 years now, but I know that it is the right decision for me. I am finaly answering God's calling in my life.

No comments: