Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day. For me, it has a very special meaning. I went into labor with Lydia on Mother's Day 6 years ago, and just after midnight she was born (yes just after mother's day ended)a full month early. My little Lydia Grace is a special girl, and has a very special place in my life. By the grace of God, when she was born all was well and she was healthy, and my cancer was cured so I was able to have more children. It is a beautiful day for me, one that I will always hold close to my heart. Tomorrow my sweet angel will be 6 years old, and we celebrated her birthday today so that her grandma Peggy could have birthday cake with us. She chose her cake at the bakery, a white one with pink flowers on it and pink candles and "Happy Birthday Lydia" written on it in pink (do you see a theme here yet?). We gave her birthday present to her today as well, she got a brand new lavendar Disney Princess bike. She was ready for the next size up so we chose to go with a special one for her as a birthday gift. This bike should last her at least a couple years before she outgrows it, and she happily passed her 12" bike down to Kimmy. She was so excited to get this new bike, and we even allowed her the opportunity to take it for a ride on the side street with her sisters while we walked the street.

Yes, Mother's Day is a special day indeed for me and my family. This is the day we celebrate new beginnings, of God's touch directly in the lives of all of us. This is the day that started everything for us with our journey. I will never look at Mother's Day like most moms do, as a day to be pampered and shown how much we are appreciated. I will always look at it as the gift that it was to us, as that miracle that we experienced 6 years ago when I went into preterm labor with our second child. Mother's Day is a day of victory for us, one that will ALWAYS ring pure and clear in our hearts.

I pray that all moms had a blessed day today, and that they have many more blessed days ahead of them. May God bless all of us moms as we work endlessly to raise these gifts from God, our children.

~Children are a gift from God, and a sign of his blessing. Like arrows are to the powerful hunter, so are the children born of one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is filled.~ Psalm 127:3-5

I think that sums it up perfectly right there. God bless us all: moms, dads, aunts, uncles, and future parents alike. I hope you took a moment to thank your mother for giving you life, and for being your rock when you didn't think you needed her as a stubborn and rebellious teenager. *smile* I know I called my mom today, even if I did have to leave the message on voice mail because her phone wasn't on when I called (probably not out of bed yet lol)

No comments: