Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Reading!!!!! she's really reading!

This week is Spring Break for ps. So I've had the joy of working with Melissa the last few days one on one for much more time than I could with her in school. Today, I decided to break out our K12 readers (obtained from a friend) and I handed her one. She just read 2 stories from the 3rd book to me. We obviously still have a LONG way to go in reading, but its proof that she's getting there. Every word she didn't kno by sight, she said the individual sounds for the letters and then blended them to make the right word (we're still on words like nap and mat) She even recognized words like "the", "and", and "on" without hesitating.

She has definitely come a long way in reading recently, the readers that she was bringing home I thought she probably memorized the stories at school that day but she's never read this book before around me, so now I know for sure that she's really reading it and not just reciting from her memory. I am so proud of my little girl for the progress she's making.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Horray!!!