Sunday, February 19, 2012

Woah, what a weekend lol

So, we had a VERY eventful weekend here.  Scott, being the awesome guy he is, called in late to work on Friday and watched the kids while I went to my midwife appointment.  I knew it was going to be an interesting day when Erica told me that my blood pressure was too high and my protein had more than doubled in my 24hr test so I needed to go to the hospital for monitoring, testing, and to be induced the next day.  So, I went home and got the family so that Scott could drop me off on his way to taking the kids to his mom's before hanging with me at the hospital.

I got there and all hooked up at 9am to the monitors, where they picked up mild contractions and got my blood pressure back down again with laying me down.  2pm came and they decided to keep me another 2 hours just to see what was going on, and the monitor decided to stop picking up my random contractions at that point.  When they checked me at 4pm, they had to RUN to get a delivery room ready and call in the midwife, I was ready to have a baby.  Oops...... lol  So, at 5:05pm on Friday, February 17th we had a baby.  I wanted an epidural, instead I got some Nubain after he came because I was really sore.  Oh, and I kicked the midwife in the chest in the process, and didn't get both doses of antibiotics so they had to keep us 48hrs to watch for Strep B in the baby.  It was by far my fastest, easiest, and least painful birth, even with him being posterior.  And yes, I was pissed that I didn't get an epidural at that moment when I had to push him out and feel every bit of that pain, but now I'm really happy I didn't get it because I am moving so much easier than I did after Jordan (the only epidural I did have before, I had planned on it mainly because it can lower blood pressure and I wanted to increase my chances of keeping it down).

Then Saturday we watched as my blood pressure started going up again. *sigh*  Yup, the pre-eclampsia didn't resolve itself with delivery.  I was put on blood pressure meds to bring it back down once it hit 154/109 at 11pm.  They are working though, so I was released with a prescription and orders to get checked again in 2 weeks to see how its going.

Yeah, you could say this weekend was eventful.........  Welcome to the world, Scott Preston Jr.

8lbs 1oz, just shy of 20" long, and already spoiled rotten lol  Not a bad size at all for being born at 37  1/2 weeks, he came a full 10 days before we had planned to induce for safety with the blood pressure issues I was having.  And yes, I made it a total of 3 hours after coming home before I grabbed the Moby Wrap and tied him to my chest so I could take care of a few things easier.  I have a bit of a headache on and off, and I get little spells of dizziness where my scalp starts tingling, but other than that I have the standard pains and discomforts of having just had a baby 2 days ago.  As soon as Scott gets the girls into bed here in a little bit, he's going to go pick up my blood pressure meds at the pharmacy for me.

Oh, and Scott's car has officially died now so we are down to just my van until the tax refund gets here and clears the bank so he can buy himself a used compact car to replace it.  I sure hope it comes soon, I don't like being stuck at home even if I did just have a baby and I have NO plans to go anywhere without him for several weeks.  He is taking a day or two off work here tomorrow, then in 2 weeks he has a full week vacation so I can schedule my appointments with the pediatrician and the midwife and WIC so I can go with just little man and Scott can watch the kids if I don't decide I'd rather he drive me to them.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

congratulations! I was thinking about you all week and weekend and praying. So glad Scott Jr. is here and healthy! Please please let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys right now - or if you need someone to watch kids for a WIC or doctor appointment. I can do it if we're not already heading to a doc appointment of our own!

He's adorable!