Monday, February 27, 2012

today

So here it is, 10 days after we welcomed little PJ into our family.  He's a great baby, one of the easiest I've had so far.  Sleeps great at night (6 hour stretch already!) and nursing like a champ.  We had a few hangups with my milk not coming in right away, it took a full week before I was producing enough to completely stop supplementing with an ounce or two of formula a few times daily.  But now we are settled there too.  He has a birth mark on his forehead, right between his eyebrows, that we originally had thought was just bruising from how fast he was born but now I see it as a birth mark as he lightens up and the jaundice resolves.  It is getting darker as his skin lightens, and it is kind of in the shape of a capital U or V.  Once he's fully to the pale he will end up being, I'll get a good picture of it to show you what I mean.

But today is another day.  Today is the day that I was originally scheduled to be induced because of my blood pressure.  And instead, here I sit with my baby in my arms, sleeping happily after a heck of a good feeding while I get my computer stuff done for the morning before kids get up to start our day.  It is a strange feeling, knowing that today I was supposed to be induced when he's laying here in my lap, but I'm ok with that right now.

But for the rest of today, I have some goals.  It appears that the weather is going to be tolerably decent as far as temperature and such, so I'm thinking that today I may see if I can recruit the girls to help me with a little outdoor spring cleaning.  We have some toys laying around in the yard, and leaves still out back from fall that need raked up, so I'm going to try and bribe with cookie making to get that done.  I also have to get Missa finished up with her math lesson and taking her test today, and Liddy has a unit test to take today.  If Liddy does well with that test and is open to it, we'll also start her on her new lesson so that I don't have 2 kids starting a lesson tomorrow.  Ummmm, what else?  Oh yeah, I have to portion out meat into meal size packs for the freezer today, and our usual daily chores.  And perhaps we'll get to some extra schoolwork, I may attempt to add in history lessons this week if I am feeling up to it.  Or maybe we'll just do another week of the R's while I figure out how to do all this stuff in my life one-handed, PJ isn't loving the Moby wrap as much as his sisters did right now so I have to keep an arm available for him at all times.  Maybe when his umbilical stump falls off and finishes healing fully he will like it better, or he'll like the ring sling that I am planning to buy in the next few weeks.

Oh, and I have to find something that I can use as a diaper pail until I manage to remember to buy myself a small trash can to use, I'm sick of the smell of dirty/wet disposable diapers in my house.  I have my very small set of diapers and covers all washed and ready, so now I need to use the silly things.  I'm hoping to get that going today too.  I can't wait to see how cute his booty will be all fluffed up from his diapers!

Yup, that covers my day I think.  I'll come back tonight hopefully with a positive progress report on how we did here with that list.  Hopefully I have a positive report for you on this one.

No comments: