Thursday, February 16, 2012

the waiting game

Yup, that sums it up pretty much I think.  We're in a holding pattern here waiting on our little boy to arrive.  I've been having random signs for almost 2 weeks now that he will be coming soon, and it has me worn out and grumpy.  And since I'm a big believer in keeping your mouth shut if you don't have anything nice to say, I've been quiet here to avoid a huge long rant post about how I'm feeling.  I'm just tired of it now, and will leave it at that.

But on the plus side, my midwife has said that if I don't go into labor beforehand, she is going to induce me on Feb. 27th because of my blood pressure issues.  Of course, that is all provided that I manage to continue to stay fairly stable in that area and we don't have a major change that would require immediate delivery.  So this means that in 11 days at the most, we will have our first son join our family.  I hope we are all ready for this, I've not had any children at all in diapers for a year now, and it has been 4 1/2 years since I've had a newborn in my home.  Scott is hopefully planning to take time off work with FMLA for us to have some time together as a family and adjust to being a family of 7, and all the girls are beyond excited at the upcoming arrival of their new brother.  I, on the other hand, keep having dreams at night that involve my own anxieties about this upcoming change in our family size.  I need this to hurry up and happen so that I can just be thrown into the middle of all the chaos and have my sink or swim moment.

Oh, and the baby shower last weekend that Scott's family had for us was a total hit.  I got so many baby clothes and such that I don't know WHAT to think of it all.  I'm totally overwhelmed still by all the clothes and stuff we got, even though it has been washed and folded and is all ready to go.  I even have 90% of my bag packed for the hospital, minus a few little things I need to buy for myself (bathroom stuff, and I want a new robe and slippers), and the car seat is installed in the van and all ready to go thanks to a wonderful friend who is just as good as I am with that stuff.  Just need to buy a baby swing and some more cloth diapers, and I'll be good to go.

No comments: