Wednesday, May 04, 2011

When life happens.....

Yes, I am posting at 11:30pm. I got home not too long ago from the hospital, poor Missa has been in pain all day. She's described it as someone poking her in the stomach with a sharp knife. I didn't sweat it, and figured she'd be fine by this evening when she woke up at 7:30 with the pain. Obviously my day was SHOT.

She spent the day laying on the sofa, just kinda staring blankly at the tv and napping on and off. She didn't eat much today because it hurt, although she did go out front for a bit to watch the road construction (they are repaving the road we live on). She did have some relief early in the afternoon, or else she decided that the bubbles were just too tempting, and got up to say she'd do dishes for me when I said I had to get them going on. But other than that, she laid around, watching tv and napping and reading until Scott got home and decided that I needed to take her to the ER.

After 4 hours there, they determined that it *could* be appendicitis but said that its too early to tell and that it won't show up on any testing for a minimum of 24-36 hours from the initial onset of symptoms (which her only one so far has been the stomach pain). Since she has no fever (not like she does normally anyway when she's sick, last time she had a real fever was when she was in K and they sent her home with a fever of 104 and then an hour later she was at the ped's clocking it at over 106 while they scrambled to get it down again, they packed her in a lot of ice packs held to her body with a sheet) they felt that just some Tylenol would be sufficient, and sent us on our way. Thanks guys, next time I'll not bother wasting my time with y'all, I'll just wait for her doctor's office to open up the next morning instead since I could have given her Tylenol myself and called it good.

We didn't do any lessons of course, we just went with the flow of things. Tomorrow we'll try to pick up again if she's feeling up to it, we'll see how she's doing. If she's still in pain I'll take her to her doctor, but if it gets worse I'll skip the local hospital and make the drive with her and her 3 sisters to go to Children's Hospital up in Columbus instead. I'm not playing with Licking Memorial, they can't tell their bums from a hole in the ground.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm sorry! Sending up a prayer right now for you and your daughter!