Sunday, May 29, 2011

What I'm reading for June

So often I only read the kids' books, I forget to take the time out to read for ME. So, at the library yesterday I picked up a few books that I wanted to read. Here's my lineup.



This one I chose because well, I have 4 kids and we don't always eat as well as we should. I need ideas on how to maximize the nutrition, particularly with my picky eaters. This is just one book I'll be previewing to see if it is worthy of being purchased to add to our home collection.



Now, I've read this one a few times before, but never really took it to heart. Now that our budget is starting to dwindle for future years of homeschooling while more kids are coming up into compulsary education and reporting age, I need to start buckling down on what I spend on curriculum. I need to cut back on what we buy to teach with so that I can afford things like gas money for field trips and stuff like that. So I'm going to read this one again and take some notes for me to remember of different ideas, and possibly purchase this book since I have checked it out at least 4 times in the past 5 years.



OK this cookbook says it is for ADHD and Autism, well guess what. It is a book full of recipes that are gluten-free, dairy free, and free of certain other common allergens such as corn, eggs, and soy. We have issues with gluten, soy, and dairy (along with citrus, red dye 40, and shellfish). So, this book is more to help me figure out some new twists on recipes the kids can enjoy that are friendly to our current allergies and intolerance/sensitivities. Again, this book is on my list of potentials for purchasing.



I've heard so many good things about this one that I just had to check it out. Enough said.



Missa has MULTIPLE learning challenges, many of which are included in this book. Specifically, the kid is AD/HD-combined and has dyslexia and sensory issues. Yup, I think this one will help me out. Don't know yet if I feel it is worth considering buying, but I'll decide that after I read it through real good.

So that's my pleasure reading for June. It all involves the kids in one way or another, but so goes my life. I gave up fiction fluff novels years ago, unless it is one that I'm reading to the girls. I love learning and getting new ideas in my free time, and hopefully I have enough time to read these books in this next month. If not, I'll renew them and keep going through July too.

No comments: