Monday, May 30, 2011

and I think I figured out the history issue

So, I posted a couple days ago about options I was considering for history with Missa and Liddy. If you didn't see it, well nutshell is.....

Missa loves history and can't get enough, Liddy hates history and would rather spend her days doing math. I slowed down part 1 of Intro to World History (Sonlight core B) to try and keep Lydia interested and get her to do some of the work, and am supplementing way more than I have the time to do without my own grades suffering (in fact, in the course of my supplementing so much, I failed one college class and am struggling badly in another that ends today).

So, my solution? I'm dropping Liddy as a target for our history studies, and moving on in life with Missa. Also, I have the guide for the one-year condensed Intro to World History (Sonlight core B+C) and I'm looking at it now to try and see what I need to purchase in terms of spine books to switch over to the one year program instead. Missa can keep up with it just fine, and if I don't just go to the condensed core program then Missa will have me moving double speed anyway and I'll end up buying core C (part 2 of the program) likely by Labor Day. This way, well I may have a chance at keeping her engaged and moving at her pace, and then we'll move into whatever we choose next (not sure if that will be US history from Sonlight or if we're going to be finding a different program for history or following their interests or what we're going to do).

So now I need to start tracking down copies of 3 books that we need for the switch to the one year program. I think Missa will LOVE the pace too.

No comments: