Wednesday, March 03, 2010

revisiting Horizons Health K

I told you that once we got into it a bit that I'd review it based on uage. Well, we are finishing up unit 1 of Horizons Health K and I thought I'd give some insight on how we like it.

We've been talking about how we are all unique and special, feelings, and responding to feelings appropriately in this unit. I added a little to it for them as far as other feelings that are beyond the four they teach, and we did a lot of role playing with it for practice. The activities in the unit were perfect for my K daughter, she had a LOT of fun doing the lessons. Lessons didn't take as long really as the guide suggests they do, although I didn't do everything listed in them either. We've really had fun with it. The lessons are laid out very well for me to teach, and it was really easy for me to go with it even though it wasn't scripted like I'm used to with our k12 materials. We truly are enjoying this program, I am very happy that we decided to add it to our schoolwork.

Our next unit is about living in a family. We'll be starting it next week, if all goes according to plan.

No comments: