Tuesday, March 30, 2010

next school year- SOLVED

Well, I think we have decided officially what to do for schooling finally. I told Scott to man up and TELL me what he thinks, to have a freaking opinion already on the schooling. I started with the simple question of public school or homeschool. He didn't hesitate. He said homeschooling, so that was set. Then I said to weigh his opinion on curriculum, and he and I spent a couple hours discussing the programs I'm considering and looking at them on their web sites. He said to stick with Sonlight, it is a better program from what he's able to see and we have experience with it. THEN he threw me for a big loop. He said that he's prefer that we do core K before we go into world history. Now, I already have a used core K, minus a couple books (part of why I got it for only $50, besides it being a 2002 edition) so that gives me a while to figure out how to afford history. So, we're looking at doing core K with the girls for 2nd grade and 1st grade.

Now next school year is a different story. Thanks to a wonderful friend who reads my blog, I got the opportunity to get the instructor guide for core 1+2 PLUS the guides to languages arts 2 regular and 2 intermediate. I'm going to be purchasing them from her this weekend, and then I'm going to spend the upcoming school year picking up the books for the core and lang. arts levels to do the following year. I plan to go into 1+2 as soon as we finish core K, and will stretch it as needed to last the next school year (and possibly the next school year as well)

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

Glad you have a plan! Looking forward to hearing how your year goes. May it be fantastic [smile].

~Luke