Sunday, February 28, 2010

math fun

Well, Lydia finished math K last week, and we have math 1 on order. It is somewhere between the UPS distribution in Columbus and my house. Last time it was logged, my package was on a truck headed to Newark to be put on a delivery truck to come to my house. That was yesterday................ lol So I have to do some filling in until her math gets here.

Since I have to do some fill-in time, I thought it would be fun to do a lapbook on the months of the year. So, I started off by checking out my favorite free site for lapbooking and unit study resources, Homeschool Share. There is a HUGE listing of free lapbooks and unit studies, as well as free forums where you can post to get ideas. I've used this site a few times this school year for various subjects and lessons, and we've always enjoyed the units and lapbooks we did.

So anyway, I went to check and see if they had any lapbooks or unit studies for calendar skills. Well what do you know, they have one for the months of the year, exactly what I was looking for pretty much. I printed off the whole thing tonight, and am just going to create a couple little things to add to it for the days of the week, then Lydia and I are going to spend our math time working on that lapbook and mastering the months and days. I may also get Melissa learning it too, since she's having some issues with calendar concepts. I can't wait to get it all started, this will DEFINITELY help pass the time while we wait on her math to arrive tomorrow or Tuesday (depending on when UPS decides to bring the package to me)

She is very proud of finishing math K, and can't wait to start doing "big kid math" like Melissa does. So cute, one day she'll hate math. Probably right around the time we begin algebra...........................

No comments: