Saturday, March 06, 2010

watching grass grow and Girl Scouts

No, I am NOT kidding. LOL We are about to start a new unit in science for Melissa, one on plants. One of the labs involves me having to grow a patch of grass in a container so that we can examine the root structure. Soooooo, we will be literally watching grass grow this week. I just thought that was funny.

But on a more serious note, we are planning on starting Girl Scouts this week. I tried to get them signed up at the start of the school year, but due to some major changes with the local office combining with 2 other regional offices, our paperwork got lost and it didn't happen. So, on Monday Lydia has her first Daisy meeting, and Tuesday Melissa has her first Brownie meeting. Yes, I know. They could both be Daisies, but if you have EVER spent time with those two in a group setting you understand why I am not going to go there. They are terrible together in a group with other kids, they band together and gang up on the others and just torment people. However, get one without the other and you have a child that is dedicated, serious, and a joy to have in a group setting. The troop leaders will thank me if I can pull off keeping those two split up for a couple more years....................

No comments: