Wednesday, March 04, 2009

lapbooking

I've been considering this for a LONG time as part of doing lessons with the girls, and always dismissed it in the past really. I would look at pictures of other peoples' lapbooks and just get so overwhelmed that I'd chuck the idea. Well, now here I am planning some lapbooking for the upcoming school year. I'm going to do as many as I can with Melissa in as many areas as possible because that really is how she learns best, so right now I'm planning out the different lapbook topics we'll do in each subject. Here's what I have so far.

our solar system
counting to 100
basic addition facts up to 9
basic subtraction facts up to 9
telling time
a "history notebook" world tour of different countries
a "my body notebook"
sight words
phonics rules
several "just for fun" ones on some of their favorite stories

I'm feeling pretty confident in doing this, and I *hope* to have some plans made to share later before the start of the next school year (we'll be starting in July, Monday after the 4th I think but maybe sooner or later, we'll see what happens) We'll also do the alphabet notebook at Homeschool Share with Kimmy.

No comments: