Friday, February 15, 2013

week in review

This week has been interesting for me.  I did basics with the girls, because quite honestly I've been in a funk most of the week and couldn't get my head into the game.  Thank goodness we have some semi-independent materials for them to cover the basic subjects, otherwise it wouldn't have happened this week.

Scott has been taking my van to work the last couple days, thanks to mechanical problems with his car that make it unsafe to drive.  So in addition to my funk I'm going stir-crazy because I can't go out even if I wanted to (which I usually don't want to go anywhere and we don't need to usually either).  It has been quite an exercise for me to have to stay home with no option of going out.  We can't go for a walk right now with Missa's broken foot, she still needs the crutches frequently despite having a walking cast and permission to walk on it, and my knee is acting up still so I'm having trouble walking as well right now.  Thank goodness yesterday the cable guy came and fixed our cable (we fried the box for the second time in under 6 months) so now we have all our digital television and music channels back (we have the smallest package you can get with the Disney channels in it, there's only 2 packages lower, and no premium channels unless they are on free preview).  We don't own a radio or CD player (every time we buy one a child takes a screwdriver to it to see how it works and then we can't put it back together again) so we depend on streaming music online or through the tv music channels.

Speaking of not owning a radio or CD player....... I know there are a few friends of mine locally who read my blog, so I'll share this here as well as on Facebook.  I am planning to put together a workstation for the kids where they can take apart stuff and build things as they desire in hopes that they will leave our electronics alone.  If anyone local has non-working electronics or appliances that they would like to get rid of (of a reasonable size, no stoves or something huge like that) I would be MORE than happy to come pick them up to add to their workstation.  Just e-mail me or call/text with what you have and when I can do a pick up (remember, only one car for now so it will be evenings or weekends only that I can get stuff unless you want to bring it to me).

No comments: