Monday, July 30, 2012

Family game night

We are getting ready to enter the busy season at work for Scott, as all the kids are getting ready for back to school and need to get new glasses (he cuts lenses in an optical lab).  So this means that quality time is going to get harder to come by around here with him.  As a result, on Sunday evenings we are now having "family game night" in an attempt to spend time with Scott.  Last night was our first night of this, and he played Wii bowling with the girls.  They played two full games before the girls had to go to bed, and it went pretty well.  Jojo decided that she didn't want to play, so she instead became a cheerleader and cheered every time someone knocked down pins.  PJ and I sat on the sofa watching, and PJ just screeched and talked the whole time.  It was a total success.

Now I need to come up with an idea for next weekend's family game night.  I'm thinking we may try splitting into teams and teaching the girls charades.  That should be fun I think.  Or maybe I'll snag some new dry erase markers and clear off the big dry erase board so we can play Pictionary.  I'll come up with an idea.

No comments: