Monday, July 23, 2012

Getting ready for the school year

Last week, I made a decision.  Since my oldest 3 are going to a charter school, I decided that it is time to get them used to waking up early so they can catch the bus.  I anticipate that they will need to get up at 6am to have enough time to get ready and eat before the bus comes, and they usually start waking up around 8am.  So this is a big change for them.  I started this morning with waking them at 7am, and will do this daily for a couple weeks before I move it to 6am.  Today went fairly well with it being the first day of the new routine, although I didn't get up a half hour before waking them up (PJ got me up at 4am and kept me up until 5:30 screaming, I think he's teething) so they had to wait for me to catch up to them so they could have breakfast.  I am so happy that I decided to start this a full month before they start school so that I can adjust and work all the kinks out of the system!

As far as prepping for Jojo's school year at home with me, I'm just waiting for payday so that I can get hold of a bookshelf for her stuff, and a couple bins for the littler supplies.  Her enrollment is completed and approved, and curriculum and computer have been ordered by the school for her.  I should have those things here in the next 2 weeks, give or take a few days.  I'll update when I get the e-mail with tracking numbers.

Of course, for the big girls getting supplies is a bit different.  I'm slowly working at getting their supplies, and on Wednesday the school is having a used uniform sale that I'm going to take advantage of.  My parents are being awesome and decided to buy the girls their uniform shoes, which is a HUGE burden off our shoulders right now financially.  Now I have to work our tight budget to include uniform skirts and the rest of their supplies they need.

No comments: