Tuesday, June 19, 2012

VBS week and life's crazy fun stuff

This week is VBS week for us.  In case you don't know, VBS is Vacation Bible School, and every summer the kids who are old enough go to the program at a church near our home.  This happens to also be the church they go to Awana at and the host church for the homeschool group we've been a part of the past 4 years.  We enjoy the children's activities there, and it is just a few miles away, so they go there for activities even though it is not our home church (it is a half hour drive each way, we can't spend that much on gas for activities there outside a few special events and going to the service on Saturday nights).

This year Jojo is old enough to go, so I have all 4 girls going there from 8am-noon this week.  This is the first time I've had all 4 of them off like this for an activity, and it is also good practice for me to see what it will be like this fall when they are all 4 off to school.  Yesterday I spent the time making all the important phone calls I needed to make, and this morning I went to the grocery store and did a little bit of tidying up.  Tomorrow's VBS time I will be taking PJ to his 4 month checkup and shots, and the rest of the week is likely going to be me doing some of the chores I have to get done and taking my laundry over to a friend's house to get some done.

Yes I said taking laundry to a friend's house.  Our washer blessed us on Saturday morning when I was washing PJ's clothes by breaking down in mid-wash.  The pump quit working while it was draining the spin after washing, and then we had it fill to rinse and not drain that water.  Scott got the dryer unstacked last night so that we could tip the washer back for me to get the clothes out and scoop the water out into my mop bucket.  Next weekend he is hopefully going to order the parts we need and then he and I will try to fix it ourselves (if we can't do it ourselves, we have a reputable locally owned repair place that will put it in for us for $109 labor).  Hopefully it isn't down too much, because I don't want to do too much laundry at my friend's house and what I don't do there I am hand washing in the bathtub.  I really do NOT like hand washing dirty laundry, especially when I am dealing with diaper poop explosions because I have to use disposable diapers instead of cloth on PJ until the washer is fixed.

No comments: