Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer plans

This summer is going to be a very different one for us.  Scott and I made the decision to enroll the girls in a charter school this fall, so in August they will be getting on the bus and headed off all day during the week.  We are both in agreement that this is the path we need to follow at this time, and are confident in this decision.  This does not mean that I will no longer be teaching my children.  We plan to continue to supplement the school with our own materials at home on weekends and school breaks in history and science, and daily as needed with math and language arts.  This is going to be a new experience for me, as it means that I will be home with just PJ during the day.  But I have a feeling it will be exactly what our family needs right now, and give all of us an opportunity to grow in a new way.

So, that means that this summer we are going to be focused on preparing the girls to attend school.  Missa and Liddy are *slightly* behind the school so we will be spending time daily getting them caught up and even a bit ahead in math.  Missa also will get a crash course in cursive and spelling, in hopes that she will improve noticeably over the summer.  It is going to be an interesting and busy summer here, but I have faith that we can pull it off.

And I have to rework our budget to allow for us to purchase uniforms for the girls to wear.  That will be the hard part I think.

No comments: