Saturday, May 12, 2012

fasting

I have come to the decision that I spend too much time on the computer.  It is very easy to sit down just to read a friend's blog and then end up spending a couple hours playing games on Facebook.  So, I have decided that I am taking time off this machine.  For at least a week, the only times I will be getting on the computer are to check my friends' blogs (I have a few that I read regularly), to post on my blog, and for homeschool purposes (printing off materials, finding something to add to the lesson, stuff like that).  So, if we talk on a chat board, are Facebook friends, etc. you will not see me around much at all for a while.  I do access on my phone a couple times daily, but I get irritated easily with the smaller screen.

My family is going through a lot of changes here in our dynamic, and the girls need more of my time than I have been giving them because of this computer habit of mine.  I started this yesterday, and will continue definitely until Scott gets paid on Friday.  It is time to get back to the family, and spend more time living and loving with them.  I have 5 amazing children and a wonderful husband, all of whom are being neglected by my time at the computer.  It is time to stop this and get back at life the way we are meant to live it.

The kids are also being limited in their computer and television time as well, which is a new thing for us.  This should be interesting, to say the least.

No comments: