Friday, January 13, 2012

snow day!

We got our first REAL snowfall last night overnight.  All of yesterday it rained, then it turned to snow around 8pm here.  Roads are covered in ice and snow, and they were shutting down portions of freeways in the area last night until the salt trucks could hit them to try and get rid of some of that ice on the roads.  As a result, many public and private schools in our area are on either a 2 hour delay, or closed completely.  Our district is one that decided to close for students.  So, technically it is a snow day here for the kids in my area.  For us, however, it is just another day.  We are sort of on a break from schoolwork until the baby comes, just doing a bit of work here and there as I feel able to stay up without my blood pressure acting up too much.

So now I get to decide, are we doing any lessons at all today or just enjoying the pretty snow from the window?  I think its just a little too cold right now to go play in it, and Kimi has a cough that sounds strangely like her coming down with a cold so I have to be extra careful right now for her sake.  Last thing I need on top of everything else is her to get seriously ill with bronchitis or something that could put her in the hospital while I'm at the tail end of my pregnancy.

No comments: