Monday, January 09, 2012

Horray for 32 weeks

I've hit that last 8 weeks, and now I remember what it is I hate most about pregnancy.  These final weeks are not very fun, with the leaking from parts of my body that normally don't leak and the rib kicks, reflux so bad that we have decided the benefits outweigh the risks and I'm on Prevacid to control things, and now adding hypertension.  Yes, I was at the hospital last week again for my blood pressure, after a scary incident involving me blacking out while driving with the kids to go to the dentist, but we got it stabilized in the normal range again so I got tagged with pregnancy-induced hypertension and put on bedrest until my next appointment (tomorrow morning).

So obviously, I've had a rough go physically with this one compared to the girls.  But I still am really looking forward to meeting our little boy soon.  We decided to toss his name and revisit some other options for his name, and will decide when he is born what his name will be for sure.  He may still be Isaiah Preston, or something totally different.  This is the first time we've decided to just pick a few different first and middle names and pick the official name when baby is born, we always had a name chosen by this stage.  The kids are adjusting to calling him Booger again until he's born, and are excited to find out what his name will be.  I think Missa is again hoping that we'll consider her suggestion that we name him Moses.

We also finally got the crib set up in our room, after having it for ummmmm a few weeks or so.  Scott also got the recliner set by the crib with my filing cabinet by it for a temporary table, so I have a place for Booger to sleep and me to breastfeed and rock him comfortably with a place to put my drink at.  I'm hoping that this weekend one of us can get to the thrift store to find him a dresser, and that we can start buying him some clothes that he'll need.  We'll finish decorating his area of our room when we get the tax refund sometime in the next few months.

Yup, that about sums up my pregnancy and all I know right now.  I'll have more details and information about how I'm physically doing with it after I see the midwife at 11am tomorrow.  Scott is sick and we've discussed him taking tomorrow off to be sick in bed, so if he does then I'll be able to go alone and spend some serious time discussing what's going on and what our options are and a bunch of other things that I am concerned about.

No comments: