Tuesday, March 01, 2011

March- new month, new goals

So, I've discovered that by not setting clear goals and plans for the month, lessons don't happen too easily in this house. Now granted, I never actually accomplish all our academic goals that I set at the start of a month, but they do help motivate me to be more consistent in our daily work. So, I'm going to set some goals for this month in hopes that I will actually accomplish some of it.

finish 3 weeks of core 1 with the older girls
finish that first History Pocket with the older girls
do 4 weeks of P4/5 with the little girls
do 2 lapbooks with the little girls
do 10 days of math with Kimi
order and start Missa in Math-U-See Alpha
math daily with Missa and Liddy
have Liddy master place value
start cursive with Missa
Liddy finish her handwriting book
all kids read aloud to me 15 times each (not counting Jojo in this one)
finish our dinosaurs unit

OK those are actually fairly realistic goals, and I am pretty confident that we can do it now that the weather is becoming more appropriate for us to get outside so I can get more sun and fresh air. I also have a math final that's due on March 7th, so I am working hard to finish up that class and get on with life already.

No comments: