Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I am wearing a skirt today

Shocking, isn't it? If you know me, I love my jeans and t-shirts. Skirts and dresses just aren't something that I enjoy. However, when Jojo was just a couple months old I did start a year and a half journey of only wearing skirts and dresses, complete with headcovering. I felt pretty, feminine, and noticed a major difference in how I carried myself. I wasn't as quick to lose my temper with my daughters when I dressed this way, and I spoke quieter, was more productive, and overall was happier in general. Then life happened, along with a move to a new home, and I transitioned back into my former jeans and t-shirts.

Well, today I dug out a skirt and nice shirt and put them on. I then dug out one of my old coverings, just to see how I looked. As soon as I put it on, I felt this calm sweep over me. I haven't felt this in a long time, and I like it.

I think I may need to do some serious sewing this weekend for me, on top of making those skirts I have planned for my children. And no, I will *not* post a picture of me in a skirt, if you want to see it then give me a call and then stop by.

2 comments:

Tristan said...

I have been wearing mostly skirts and dresses since getting pregnant with Caleb. Check Catos over by the WalMart in Newark for long skirts clearanced for a good price. I found several in the $10 range, and since I don't sew it was a good deal for me. I got one Khaki color and one dark blue jean.

I see a difference in my attitude (the way I act and treat others) when I put on a skirt/dress and take time to do my hair instead of just tossing on pants and a ponytail. I also see a difference when I am out and about in the way others treat me when I'm dressed this way.

Cat said...

OOO that is a good price, I'm going to have to check out Cato this weekend. I know that yesterday when I was all dressed in my skirt and everything, I was real calm and relaxed and then within 30 seconds of getting into my pj's I was yelling a profanity across the house because I stepped on a toy. I'll let you use your imagination to figure out the phrase that came out of my mouth at that particular moment....... lol *blushing* My mouth is a big one for me, and the thing that is effected the most by the change in how I dress.

And I too noticed people treat a woman in a long skirt differently. If you really want to see a major difference in how people treat you, try taking a bit of fabric and tying it over your hair (triangle bandana style) and tucking it so it looks tidy before you go out. That really gets a lot of respect from people, and it will mellow anyone to have a true physical reminder of our place in the family (1 Corinthians 11:3)