Wednesday, September 02, 2009

My last day with a 1 year old

Tomrrow Jordan will be 2 years old. Now, normally I have another infant by now, but this time we're not even pregnant yet. We are enjoying this time with our girls and working out other issues with my health before adding more to our family. Anyway, this is a bit of a strange moment for me. I never had this position of parenting a 2yo and not having a younger child as well, so I can spend more time working with Jordan on her temper and meeting her needs than I have with the other girls. We are enjoying this place in life right now, we are looking hopefully at the end of the diaper tunnel and we are done with the crib and highchair. But man it feels odd to know that there's not another baby in the near future here. Instead, I'm focusing on helping my little girls become young ladies, into becoming someone that I can be unendingly proud of. Now don't get me wrong, we are proud of our girls every day, but I'm talking that long term goal of making wonderful free thinkers who will not stand by and let someone stomp them down. Women who know what they want and aren't afraid to go for it, no matter the cost. THAT is what we are working toward now, and its a very slow road with a lot of difficulty.

Yep, its an interesting time in our home. Looking down the path we are taking and seeing the end result we are striving for, and seeing it just a little closer, always makes for an interesting time.

No comments: