Sunday, June 07, 2009

anxious little boogers!

Well, I figured it would happen but hoped it wouldn't. I set us up a start date of June 22nd for summer "term" to start our school year off gently. I have ALL our supplies already, I'm just looking through them and becoming familiar with what we are doing. So, this is my summer plans for us:

core P3/4 at their desire
human body/ nutrition unit study (with a notebook for each girl)
Kumon time and money workbooks for Melissa
dollar store workbooks for both girls
finish HWT K with Melissa

Not much right? We're just keeping up our current levels of math and reading with the workbooks, and writing level with Melissa in HWT. I don't have grand plans for the summer, we're going to read and fine-tune Melissa's weak spots while learning about nutrition and our body. Well, Melissa and Lydia both asked me if they can start lessons tomorrow instead of waiting. LOL I guess having that stack of supplies for this fall has them excited to get going with it already. So, we're going to do just that, we'll start tomorrow and work through the workbooks, and when they are done we'll move into the curriculum for each subject (HWT cursive for Melissa, Sonlight LA K and 1 starts this fall PERIOD, and Miquon orange when they finish their dollar store workbooks) I can't believe I let them talk me into starting earlier than I wanted to. lol

Guess that happens when you decide to homeschool......................

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

[smile] So, it looks like your children do beg for more school! Fantastic.

~Luke