Sunday, May 31, 2009

oh I sure hope I'm wrong!

So friday night I got a used Sonlight LA 1 and their I Can Read It! books (the expensive part of the readers lol) to do with Melissa this fall. Well, I was looking through it last night and today, getting familiar with it before we start in 3 weeks, and I think I may have gotten her the wrong level. As in, too easy. At the beginning of January, she wasn't able to sound out "cat" and she struggled like heck in LA K and later in public K class with her reading and writing. Well, she took off like mad this last couple months since we bought P3/4, in both reading and writing. I am at the point where I'm thinking right now that LA 1 may be too easy for her, although I haven't looked past the first few weeks yet in the schedule. I'm going to do that here in a few minutes, and then I'll be deciding if I want to try and get my hands on a used LA 2 and readers or not. This is definitely a change from how it was for her just a few short months ago, its amazing what happens when a little time passes sometimes!

And to think I was worried that she would struggle for a few more years with reading................. lol Guess I was wrong!

2 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

That is great news!

~Luke

Veronica said...

I hope you are wrong, too. Isn't it wonderful to have so many people wishing you had no idea what you are doing? :rolleyes: