Saturday, May 30, 2009

For everyone at Sonlight!

I have to dedicate a post just to the Sonlight crew, they are this wonderful.

Luke, your comments on my blog this past month or two have been inspiring and encouraging for my dh and me. When I started this blog originally, neither of us ever imagined that someone at Sonlight would find it and comment. You've seen my recent indecision, and have been so kind in your comments when I'm sure that others are thinking "just make up your mind already woman!" You have given little insights here and there that have helped me to better understand my oldest daughter, particularly in the reading area. Your blog has also helped me, it has given me things to chew on a regular basis, turning them over in my head and thinking about them until I have gotten everything I can from them. I thank you for this.

Sarita, your blog is simply wonderful and inspirational for me. I don't read it as much as I want to sometimes, but your wisdom and experience really shines through in all your blog posts. Whenever I don't know what to think about something that comes up here in my home, I know that I can probably get some ideas from your blog.

Amy and the others who work on the Beam. I always look forward to my issue showing up in my e-mail inbox, to see what great discussions have come up since the last Beam in the forums that I may want or need to read. There is almost always at least one discussion linked in the Beam that has an answer to a problem that we are working out, an answer that I may not have found. Thank you for taking the time to put together each issue so that I don't live on the forums LOL

For the catalog crew. I have always enjoyed my catalog when it arrives at our home, especially the articles. I also wanted to personally thank you for quoting me in an article (mine is the quote with the crazy kids that wanted their Sonlight before Christmas presents lol) Thank you for taking the time to put together such a wonderful catalog that my entire family enjoys. My girls love to look at all the pictures of families with their Sonlight materials, and seeing what cores are in store for them. DH loves to read the little quotes sprinkled through the catalog, seeing how much other families love their materials. And I love the whole thing, although I'd love to see one of the pictures I submitted in a future catalog.

Thank you all for the wonderful jobs you all do to provide us with a wonderful curriculum, a wonderful online community, and all the other great things we get. I wish all companies thought about their customers as much as you all obviously do, taking the time to ask our opinions on the forums and taking our comments and suggestions into consideration. I am so happy that I found Sonlight first when we began researching materials when Melissa was just 4 months old. I can't imagine going with any other company for materials, and I can't imagine a different style of curriculum being truly as well thought out and complete as your program is. Thank you all so much for everything you do!

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

You just made me tear up... one of those sloppy smiles that comes with tears of happiness. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the encouragement!

It is an honor to be able to be part of your homeschooling journey via the blogosphere, and am I very glad to be here [sloppy smile].

~Luke