Sunday, December 30, 2012

Looking forward to 2013

Well, the Mayans were wrong (or did someone just interpret the calendar wrong? only time will tell) and we are still here.  So, that means looking ahead to a new year coming up and making plans for it.

This school year has gone really well so far amazingly.  The oldest 3 girls have made great strides and learned a lot of things attending a public charter school this school year while Jojo did schoolwork at home with me.  It has given us all a chance to grow as individuals and explore things that we never would have otherwise.  The girls have a new appreciation for our life as a homeschool family, and I've discovered the joy of being a domestic housewife with only having to teach 1 child and care for a baby during the day.  I have learned many things about myself in the process, and what I feel strongly about.  It has been a good opportunity, but I am ready for 2013 to come.

This first half of the new year, I am going to be working on my own personal shortcomings.  I am going to develop healthy habits for myself, including exercise, healthier eating, and getting the right meds and dosage for my anxiety issues.  This is a very important step, and one I must complete before school lets out for summer vacation at the end of May.

Starting in June, we will have a very different life.  I plan to take June and let the kids enjoy life and decompress before we pick up and start homeschooling in July.  Yes, I said homeschooling.  They will NOT be returning to the charter school next year, and I am looking forward to it.  I am working now slowly on creating an idea of what we will do in lessons and a schedule for our days.  It is going to be an adjustment, but I am looking forward to getting back to our real life and learning as a family.  I've had a few people who don't agree with our decision, but Scott and I know that this is the right decision for our family and we will do what we need to do for this to happen.  I realize that I have a child with severe dyslexia and a child with ADD and motor delays, and am prepared for this.  I have tutoring lined up to assist with my dyslexic, new curriculum chosen based on their needs, and my husband's support.

This is what God has led us to, and any naysayers can kiss my backside.  Society and popular practices do not choose what we do with our family, God has the say in things.  For those who feel that we should not let God dictate our lives, well now this is why it is OUR family and OUR life.  I am not forcing everyone to do as we do because God wants it, I am simply making choices for my own family with the support and backing of my husband.  Don't try to force your lack of religion on my family because my family having such faith scares you, let it be.

And that ends my last post of 2012 unless something major comes up tomorrow.

2 comments:

it's the Caffeine said...

I commend you for trying the charter school AND for listening that it was time to bring them back home. I pray that it's a blessed year for your entire family!

Unknown said...

Let's see if THIS time it will post. Lol.

Only YOU and Scott can make the decisions for your family. You used the Charter school as a time to get yourself back into a healthy state and to prepare yourself for HSing next year and are now ready to face it. ONLY you two have a say in that. Don't let others get to you, get you down or make you feel lax because God has spoken to you and has told you where your next step needs to be. (((Hugs)))