Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Playing with friends

I sent an e-mail yesterday to a friend of mine to see if we could come play one day before the big kids start school in 15 days.  We set up to do it this morning, and we had so much fun.  It is very important as an at-home mom, especially a home educating mom, to get out with other moms and talk so that we don't forget how to do that stuff.

So, we showed up this morning to play and the girls were ecstatic at different playmates.  And PJ got his first "play date" with a little boy just 6 weeks or so older than he is.  I even got some pictures on my phone of the playing, but only 1 has made it to my computer right now.  I got to spend a couple hours talking with Tristan from Our Busy Homeschool and the girls played with her 6 older children while she and I snuggled our sweet babies.  I even got a chance to snuggle her little guy, he is so sweet and squishy.





And even better, it is one of those super rare pictures with me in it.  I loved having both in my lap like that, but man I'm glad I was never given twins.  That was just TOO heavy for me to do very long.

No comments: