Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New school year has begun!

I only have a few minutes to post, so I'll try to keep it short here.  Yesterday the OLS for Jojo's schooling was ready with her work, so we started lessons yesterday to get a head start on her schooling.  I have to begin logging attendance on the 27th, so we're starting 2 weeks early, but OHVA can be a bit tedious at times so I wanted to be sure to ease her in to the workload properly instead of just jumping into it all with both feet on the 27th.

The older 3 girls start going to school on the 23rd, so they are helping me with this transition.  I am trying to get us into a schedule of sorts for our days, and it isn't an easy transition for me to do this after 4 years of just kind of going with the flow.  Missa and Liddy have been VERY helpful with this transition so that I can get into the swing of it without holding PJ constantly or wearing him in the carrier before I have to do it with him attached to me one way or another.  I feel pretty good about how its going, although I can tell that this school year is going to be a real experience with Jojo as she still has the attention span of a gnat and can't sit still for more than 30 seconds at a time (which was our main reason for doing OHVA with her instead of sending her to the school her sisters will be attending).

As for the big girls, we are adjusting wakeup time so that they have adequate time to dress in their uniforms and eat before the bus comes at 6:35am to get them.  None of us are doing well with the 5:30am wakeup, but we'll get there by the end of the week hopefully.

No comments: