Wednesday, December 14, 2011

and we have a crib!

Yesterday I got a call from a friend of mine.  She had offered her daughter's crib to us several months ago, once she got her little girl into a regular bed.  Well, she was taking apart the crib and had it ready for us to pick up, and a few other things we were welcome to if we wanted them.  So I arranged for us to go over last night, meeting Scott at her apartment, so we could pick the stuff up.  I now have a crib and mattress for Isaiah, and today the girls and I will start getting things ready in my bedroom for Scott to move furniture around to  make room for the crib and baby stuff.  Once we get all that done, Isaiah will have a place to sleep at least.  We just need more clothes and some diapers now, and we'll have all the basics we need for a newborn.  Just a small step, but it is a forward one at least.

2 comments:

Tristan said...

Yay! I've been keeping an eye out for a crib for you when I go to the resale shops but I'm glad you got one free!

Cat said...

Thank you Tristan, I really wasn't too worried about the crib right away, we cosleep the first weeks when they are nursing around the clock with no pattern at all yet. I figured if we didn't get one before birth, we would get one with the tax refund. Now I have to get some prefolds and covers in a smaller size, and clothes. I'm gathering slowly, building a bare-bones setup to get the beginning until we get that tax check. I'm just happy I still have a convertible car seat from the girls so I don't need to worry about THAT cost too.