Tuesday, June 07, 2011

summertime plans

Like I said last week, summer is one of my favorite times of year. I had originally planned to spend the summer working full speed with history, science, the basics, and all our extras. However, every time I set out to do a full day of lessons I get stopped by life and I get a feeling that I need to focus on other things. So, I do believe this year we will get a summer vacation and only do a bit of math, reading, and journal work a few days a week so they don't lose what we've done.

The biggest reason right now for that is because Scott is having a *small* health issue that will require him to have surgery at some point, likely in the near future. I am not sure what will happen when we are in that place, but I have faith that we will end up just fine and all will work out in the end. Scott is worrying about how we will pay the bills, but I don't think that we need to have any worries at all.

That has also lead to us trying to simplify our lives. I'm sorting through everything we own to cut down how much we have and hopefully make everything easier to keep track of and cleaned up. I'm hoping that this summer we can have one heck of a yard sale to bring in a little extra money (which will have the added bonus of easing a little of the worry about money that Scott is having).

Of course, there are other things beyond Scott's health that we are juggling. But only time will tell what is happening with those things. So there you have it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy your summer!

Summer is NOT my favorite time of year, and this year, it's been a lot of driving into town for my dear husband's cardiac rehab.

Our summer plan is to survive, and trust God to provide.