Wednesday, April 06, 2011

All About Spelling

This is one of those new things we got at the convention for next school year. Well, I spent the weekend cutting up the tiles and applying magnets and prepping the review box for Missa, as well as looking over the material so I know what I'm doing. This morning I got out the big magnetic dry-erase board and sorted out the tiles to get out all the ones we need for this level, putting the ones it said we need to start with on the board and the ones for later into a baggie. I think we will try starting this one today, and see where it takes us. If it proves to be a little too much on top of our current heavy load in history and our current pace in math (Missa's doing 2 lessons a week in Math-U-See at the moment now that we've got her into a routine) then I'll set it aside until around June or so. I try to ease us into new materials, and with as many things as we've changed for next school year we are really trying to start this transition now. It is the only way that I can handle working with the changes, doing it all at once just messes me up too much.

And since we're in the routine with history, math, reading practice, and Missa working on cursive, I thought it would be a good time to try and add in a little more now.

No comments: