Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Reason For Handwriting- Transition book

In my last post, I said that we were switching Missa's handwriting program. Well, here's what I think so far.

I've looked through the transition workbook and the "teaching guide" that covers all levels. I like it, a lot. In fact, I like it enough that I've decided to switch all my girls over to this program starting next school year. The only exception will be with Jojo, next school year she will do the preschool level of Handwriting Without Tears before she starts the K book in our new program.

Now, for what Missa thinks of it....... (and I quote her on this one)

"I don't like it. Its too much writing."

LOL Yep, she'll do just fine with it I think. If she sits down and gets to it, she does a great job with it. It is more writing than what she had to do with Handwriting Without Tears, but she'll adjust to it I think. And now for a picture from this morning's practice, it was her first day in it.



Yes, she was up at 6am doing her handwriting practice....... But she did a wonderful job, and I'm very proud of her for it. She's doing the practice lesson pages this week and next to get used to the new style of the paper and such, and then will go into the real stuff. I have a feeling that this will be a good time with her, once we get things going with her and she's ready to move on into the cursive pages (that alone will be what gets her really excited I think, she's been asking for cursive a couple years now)

No comments: