Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Not the week I was expecting

So this is the first week of all the kids homeschooling again.  I knew there would be bumps but this is just ridiculous.  We are ALL sick.

It started with just Kim, and I took her in on Saturday morning to get looked at.  She has bronchitis, joy and delight.  I have her taking steroids, 2 different nebulizer medications, allergy medication, all the usual stuff to keep it from getting worse.  I have to call the pediatrician tomorrow to get her in because the only difference so far is that her fever is gone.

The rest of the kids and myself, well we managed to catch the virus that she had that turned to bronchitis in the first place.   This stinks.

By the way, if you didn't know this already..... I learned last night that if you smear Vick's chest rub on your feet (a good amount, none of this eeeeewwww as little as possible stuff here) and then put on socks to protect everything just as you are going to bed, it will work a million times better than anything else I've ever tried with that stuff before to loosen up my chest and sinuses.  Unfortunately, Scott didn't appreciate sleep next to me last night, he said the room REEKED of that stuff.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

I'm sorry your sick! I'm still sick and we started the week with Mason at the doc for a major ear infection. Don't get me started on stupid doctors that think you're nuts when you walk in telling them exactly which ear he has the infection in with the only symptom being "He's cranky and 'off'." It was not our usual doc. I was right. Nuff said.

I'm still sick after a month of this cough and head to the doc tomorrow for myself. It's got to go away.

Praying you all get well soon and remind yourself - they wouldn't have done anything at public school this week anyway because they would be home sick.