Sunday, March 10, 2013

buying for the new year

It is that time when we have extra money.  The tax refund is in and we have begun to plan purchases now that we have dealt with the need for some furniture and a few other things.

My curriculum list this year isn't too bad.   Besides the obvious need for the next level in math for the two oldest ASAP, the only other major purchase is a subscription to teacher's file box at Evan- Moor.  Oh, and toner.  I need lots of toner.  The math for the younger girls, art supplies, random unit studies, and other goodies we will purchase as needed with money being set aside.  It is going to be a thrifty and fun year.

Of course, Scott felt a need to surprise me.  He originally planned to get my laptop fixed so I could get it back into the middle of our busy life, but then discovered that it was going to be less expensive to get a new one instead.  So, he did one better; he bought me a tablet.  Not just any tablet either; I was surprised with a new Kindle Fire HD this evening.  I have it all set up and charged, and am checking all the things I need for compatibility now.  So far no issues at all, and  I can even post on my blog with it.   I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

So fuN! Christina has a Kindle Fire and loves it.

I think my favorite time of the school year is when it's time to buy new things and you can think of all the possibilities. Enjoy!