Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Little Things

There are so many things that we tend to take for granted.  Electricity, garbage pick up, indoor plumbing, and stuff like that.  Little things that we don't know how to live without.  Well, for 3 months my family lived without one of those small things in life when our washing machine died.

I spent 3 months hand washing all our laundry in the bathtub while we saved up to repair our machine.  However, sometimes it costs less to just buy a new one and get it over with.  This turned out to be the case with our washer.  So, Scott took the money we had saved up for the repair and he purchased a new one for me last weekend.  It arrived this morning, and I already have it running with a load of laundry.

I never realized how much I depended on that machine until I had to do without it for an extended period of time.  Now I have a new appreciation for the washing machine, and I plan to be easier on it than I was in the past.

No comments: