Friday, March 09, 2012

what a busy week!

I'm waiting for the van to warm up now so I can make a run to pick up some clothes for the kids for today, so this will be short.  I hope. lol

Monday was supposed to be my due date, and instead I had a 2 1/2 week old baby boy in my arms.  Loving it by the way, he is bringing a whole new level of joy to our home, one that only a new baby can bring.  For the first time, I don't feel like there's someone missing here.  Yes, I do have moments where I think that a few more babies would be nice, but that is something that we're not even considering right now.  We are too busy enjoying this little man.

Tuesday, PJ had his 2 week checkup AND it was our wedding anniversary.  Yup, 8 years married now, and this July we'll have been together officially for 10 years.  What an amazing feeling THAT is.  Anyway, PJ was 2 ounces below his birth weight and a full inch bigger.  That puts him in the 50th for height and the 25th for weight and his head measurement.  Looks like he's got my build.  He goes back in uhhhh mid April I think, I have to look and see first.

Wednesday I saw the midwife about my blood pressure issues I had.  I'm still on the meds to control it, and its at the higher end of the normal range now.  She and I had a nice long discussion about how those last weeks of my pregnancy went and what the future could hold for me if we have another baby.  She also made it clear that my long term recovery will be a better indicator of the blood pressure issues and that at this point she won't say whether or not it would be a good/bad idea to have more because its not that long after birth.  I go back to her again in April for my official 6 week checkup and to re-evaluate the pre-eclampsia.

Then Thursday we hung out at home and I prepped diapers.  I forgot how much work prefolds can be to get ready for use. :)  But they are all washed and ready to go now.

And today, we have PJs first pictures.  Which means, I need to leave now to get 4 girls dresses and a boy a little outfit.  I'll share pictures later when we have them.

No comments: