Monday, January 04, 2010

welcome to 2010

Wow, 2009 went by in a flash. We've had a lot happen last year, and a lot of good came from it all. I realized that I need to slow down and think more than I do sometimes and sometimes spend less time sweating the small stuff. We discovered that our local public school is the WRONG place for the girls, especially Melissa. We even found a homeschool option that is working well for us and have stayed very consistent with it for the most part. All is going well here for the most part when it comes to the big things involving the kids. So, I have high hopes for 2010 that we will continue to experience the same kind of positive growth in our decisions that we've had last year.

To celebrate 2010, we are setting some goals for the girls. Melissa, we want to finish history, science, art, and phonics before the end of March so that we are able to move her up to the next grade level in those subjects. Math we want to finish whenever it gets finished (the other subjects, Melissa's so far ahead in phonics that she can do it easily if we are consistent and the other ones are only scheduled twice a week so I'm going to do lessons from all them daily until they are done) Lydia, our main goal is to get her to finish phonics on time. She's under 40% through the level right now, so having this goal will take some extra work with her. Also, we want to finish math and history before the end of March so that she can move up in those subjects also. For the little kids, I'm just working on consistency of doing some activities and reading to them daily.

Now for my own personal goals for 2010. I am determined to lose weight and look good in a swimsuit this year, and am *hoping* to get the opportunity to fly down south to visit my mom in Texas (and maybe skip down to Mexico for a couple days to visit a dear friend of mine that I haven't seen in 10 years now) I want to be able to feel and look great at the beach when I fly down, so I'm setting a goal to lose 25lbs before Scott's next vacation week in I think its July????? I have to double-check that week he's off so I can better plan (and get a passport just in case we have the funds for my side trip) I also am planning on becoming more consistent in a few areas of my life where consistency is sadly lacking (that would be keeping up with my laundry pile lol) I know that my children thrive on routine and consistency, so I am going to force myself to create some sort of a consistent routine and actually stick to it despite my anti-conformity personality and my hatred of all things that involve me following a specific order and pattern for things. Those are some big goals, but I think I can do it.

3 comments:

Tristan said...

Cheering you on! You can do it!

Kat - Ruthie-dos.blogspot.com said...

you can totally do it!

Cat said...

I hope so! I've gotten a lot of progress made so far at working out a school schedule that will allow us to do the schoolwork goals that we have, and I'm making a LOT of dietary and exercise changes to accomplish my weight-loss goal (can't wait to meet that one too, I got a new bikini just waiting for me to take to the beach) The other goals that I'm working on (not necessarily ones that I've listed here, I have a LOT of goals for this year that all center around getting this house set up for me as I get older and have more difficulty moving around) I'm starting to get an action plan made so that we can get started on all that too. I can't wait to see how far we get this year.