Friday, June 27, 2014

Overwhelming week

This has been a really rough week for me emotionally, and I've just been failing at the mom gig totally.  In a nutshell, my husband's family was struck by tragedy yesterday when two of my kids' cousins were in a car accident.  Three passengers in back (also related) were killed and the two kids up front are both in the hospital.  On top of it, my father is back in our lives and playing games already with us to where I'm ready to cut contact permanently.

Of course, it didn't help that we also have been tight financially the last couple months and now on top of it my Kindle Fire is no longer functional.  I need chocolate, large amounts of chocolate and maybe a glass of wine.

Hopefully next week is better for us.

2 comments:

Tristan said...

Cat, I'm so sorry! That sounds like a really hard week. Just eat that chocolate and know that I'm praying for you all. Some weeks are just hard and you get through them and try to find a new normal. ((HUGS))

Luke Holzmann said...

May God's grace and peace surround you and your family during this time. May His joy be your strength when everything seems to be falling apart. And may His healing hand be upon these two kids, both physically now and emotionally in the days to come.

Praying!

~Luke