Thursday, April 04, 2013

taking a break from lessons

Sometimes, we enter a season when we must take a break from the usual to take care of other issues.  This is one of those times for my family.  Today we had to say good-bye to our sweet dog, Tinkerbell.  The girls are devastated, and I'm giving them time to process the loss of their friend and schoolmate while I try to clean up from trying to care for a dog that was just too sick to recover.  We had her at the vet again today and the vet found a mass in her intestine.  She was too sick and weak to survive the surgery that would save her life, so I had to make the tough decision.  I am going to take the kids tomorrow to pick up her collar.

We'll pick up again with our work sometime soon hopefully, but right now the kids just need to process it.

No comments: