Thursday, July 28, 2011

hmmm what do I still need to buy?

It is school supply shopping time! Yes, that time when the kids all groan and the parents cheer because their kids are going back to public or private school. For homeschoolers, this means cheap supplies for our schooling. I like to take advantage of these sales.

While we may not buy things like lunch boxes and backpacks, there are many things we do get. For example, each of my girls is given a milk crate to keep her workbooks and supplies in. Missa and Liddy are on their third year with their crates, and this year we bought crates to add to the set for Kimi and Jojo. I color code their materials as much as possible also

With the addition of 2 more kids getting crates, this means I need to purchase some additional items. So, I'm trying to remember what all I need so that we can pull off this year beautifully. I'm going to post a list here, and then edit it as I remember more that we need and cross out items we've gotten as they are purchased. Pardon my running tally on this.

100+ boxes of 24ct Crayola crayons
12+ packs Crayola colored pencils
10+ packs mechanical pens
5+ packs ball-point pens
50+ glue sticks
2 pencil/crayon boxes, colors red and green (or clear and some spray paint)
40+ notebooks
1 3-ring binder, 1 1/2" size
ponytail elastics
barrettes
poster boards
paints and brushes
single hole punch
new 3-hole punch (unless I can find my good one in the garage boxes)
8+ pairs school scissors

OK I know I'm missing stuff. I'll edit it later lol

2 comments:

Kat - Ruthie-dos.blogspot.com said...

instead of the crayola colored pencils, which I find break and need sharpened all too often, I suggest hitting Michaels' up... they have their Prismacolor Scholar supplies 50% off... and if you go to the website and check out the weekly add... there is a 20% off your entire order (includes sale items) coupon you can get.

They hold up so much better and you won't have to keep replacing them.

Cat said...

hmmmm thanks for that tip! We don't use colored pencils too much really, but I do like having them around for a change of pace. I'll have to look through my stack of ads and see if I can find the one for Michael's so that I can get that coupon and go grab me some better colored pencils.